Webelos Adventure Requirements: Cast Iron Chef[cs2015] Cast Iron Chef is one of the Webelos CORE Adventure Requirements. In the current Webelos Cub Scout program, it overlaps some of the requirements in the Fitness Activity Badge and the Outdoorsman Activity Badge. There is also a connection to the Nutrition Belt Loop and Pin. For this adventure, Webelos learn about healthy food choices and how to safely prepare food in an outdoor setting. The requirement for this adventure are shown below. Upon completion of this adventure, Webelos will receive a pin.
Webelos Adventure Requirements: Cast Iron ChefDo all of these:
- At an approved time in an outdoor location and using tinder, kindling, and fuel wood, demonstrate how to build a fire; light the fire, unless prohibited by local fire restrictions. After allowing the flames to burn safely, safely extinguish the flames with minimal impact to the fire site.
- Set personal nutritional goals. Keep a food journal for one week; review your journal to determine if the goals were met.
- Plan a menu for a balanced meal for your den or family. Determine the budget for the meal. Shop for the items on your menu while staying within your budget.
- Prepare a balanced meal for your den or family; utilize one of the methods below for preparation of part of your meal:
- Camp stove
- Dutch oven
- Box oven
- Solar oven
- Open campfire or charcoal
- Demonstrate an understanding of food safety practices while preparing the meal.