A reader asks about helping an auditory learner with the Webelos requirements. Songs can be a big help to auditory learners.
Cub Scout Archives: Scholar Activity Badge
Webelos learn about education while working on the Scholar activity badge. Find helps for this badge here.
- With your parent, guardian, or Webelos den leader, complete the Positive Attitude Character Connection.
- Know: Discuss with your parent, guardian, or your Webelos den leader, what it means to have a positive attitude and the “BEST” steps you can take to have a positive attitude. (Believe it can happen, Expect success, Set your mind, and Try, try, try.
- Commit: Plan with your parent, guardian, or your Webelos den leader, how you will apply the “BEST” steps for a positive attitude in doing your school-work and in other areas of your life.
- Practice: Do your “BEST” to have a cheerful and positive attitude while doing the requirements for this activity badge.
And do three of these:
- Have a good record in attendance, behavior, and grades at school.
- Take an active part in a school activity or service.
- Discuss with your teacher or principal the value of having an education.
- List in writing some important things you can do now because of what you’ve learned in school.
- While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Cub Scout Academics belt loop for Language.
- While you are a Webelos Scout, and if you have not earned it for another activity badge, earn the Cub Scout Academics belt loop for Mathematics.
- While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Cub Scout Academics belt loop for Chess.
And do three of these:
- Trace through history the different kinds of schools. Tell how our present public school system grew out of these early schools.
- Make a chart showing how your school system is run.
- Ask a parent and five other grown-ups these questions:
- What do you think are the best things about my school?
- What are its main problems?
- Tell what you think were the best answers and why?
- List and explain some of the full-time positions in the field of education.
- Help another student with schoolwork. Tell what you did to help.
A reader who is a new Webelos den leader is confused about how many activity badges must be completed. We try to sort it out.
Children like to learn what is different and what is the same for kids in other countries. Cub Scouts who enjoy learning about life in other parts of the world can earn the Language and Culture belt loop from the Cub Scout Academics and Sports program.
BSA provides meeting plans are full of Webelos den meeting ideas. The 15th Webelos den meeting plan covers Scholar activity badge and part of Artist activity badge.
The core value for Cub Scouts for the month of January is Positive Attitude. According to the program helps, this means being cheerful and setting our minds to look for and find the best in all situations.
Bughouse (or Bunk House) is a game which helps even the playing field. Basically, there are two teams which simultaneously play chess together. Each player has a direct opponent, but when he captures a piece, he passes it to one of his teammates to play on the board. The key is to have the direct […]
Chess is a great game. And it really isn’t as difficult to learn as you might think. I know many young kids who can grasp the concepts and play a good game of chess. Chess also teaches kids to look ahead and to stick with something, In today’s world of video games and instant gratification, […]
Today is 3-14. Happy Pi Day! In honor of this special occasion, let’s take a look at the Mathematics belt loop from the Cub Scout Academics and Sports program.
Webelos is the Cub Scout program for boys in 4th and 5th grade. Find helps and requirements for the Webelos program on this page.