Cub Scout Archives: Forester Activity Badge
The Forester activity badge helps Webelos learn how to appreciate and protect forests. Find helps for this badge here.
Do five of these:
- Make a map of the United States. Show the types of forests growing in different parts of the country. Name some kinds of trees that grow in these forests.
- Draw a picture to show the plant and tree layers of a forest in your area. Label the different layers. (If you don’t live in an area that has forests, choose an area that does and draw a picture of that forest.)
- Identify six forest trees common to the area where you live. Tell how both wildlife and humans use them. (If you don’t live in a region that has forests, read about one type of forest and name six of its trees and their uses.)
- Identify six forest plants (other than trees) that are useful to wildlife. Tell which animals use them and for what purposes.
- Draw a picture showing
- how water and minerals in the soil help a tree grow
- how the tree uses sunlight to help it grow
- Make a poster showing a tree’s growth rings or examine the growth rings of a tree stump. Explain how the rings tell its life history
- Collect pieces of three kinds of wood used for building houses. Tell what kinds of wood they are and one place each of them might be used
- Plant 20 forest tree seedlings. Tell how you planted them and what you did to take care of them after planting.
- Describe both the benefits and the harm wildfires can cause in a forest ecosystem. Tell how you can prevent wildfire.
- Draw your own urban forestry plan for adding trees to a street, yard, or park near your home. Show what types of trees you would like to see planted.
Helping an Auditory Learner with Webelos Requirements A reader asks about helping an auditory learner with the Webelos requirements. Songs can be a big help to auditory learners.
Webelos Requirements A reader who is a new Webelos den leader is confused about how many activity badges must be completed. We try to sort it out.
May Cub Scout Theme – Destination Parks (Health and Fitness) BSA offers supplemental pack program ideas for each month. One of the Cub Scout themes for the May core value of Health and Fitness is a Destination Parks theme.
Seed Neckerchief Slide Craft Several years ago I attended a Cub Scout Pow Wow session on neckerchief slide crafts. They showed us a number of ways to make neckerchief slides from various materials.
Rice Crispy Treat Trees Recipe If you are doing something related to forestry, you can make these tree shaped snacks to go with the theme. Or make them for something related to family trees.
BSA Webelos Den Meeting 3: Naturalist, Forester, and Webelos BSA provides den meeting plans for den leader on the Scouting.org website. Today, I am going to go through the third Webelos plan.This plan completes Naturalist and Forester. It also covers some Webelos badge requirements.
BSA Webelos Den Meeting 2: Naturalist and Forester BSA provides den meeting plans for den leader on the Scouting.org website. Today, I am going to go through the second Webelos plan. This plan covers part of Naturalist and part of Forester.
Tree Ring Worksheet for Forester Activity Badge Requirement 6 for the Webelos Forester activity badge is "Make a poster showing a tree's growth rings or examine the growth rings of a tree stump. Explain how the rings tell its life history."
Cub Scout World Conservation Award This award is available to Wolves, Bears, and Webelos. The purpose of the award is to help Cub Scouts think about how we are all interdependent on our environment. The requirements are differnent depending which year the Cub Scout is in.
Webelos Forester Activity Badge Den Meeting Plan This den meeting should take place at a nature center or park where forest trails are available. If you visit a nature center, see if there is a naturalist available to go on a hike with you.
Draw the Layers of the Forest This activity for the Webelos Forester activity badge is perfect if the Scouts in your den like to draw.
Helps and Requirements for Webelos Webelos is the Cub Scout program for boys in 4th and 5th grade. Find helps and requirements for the Webelos program on this page.
Past Posts On This Day
September 18, 2011
September 18, 2010