A reader asks about helping an auditory learner with the Webelos requirements. Songs can be a big help to auditory learners.
Cub Scout Archives: Fitness Activity Badge
The Fitness activity badge is about learning what it means to be in good physical and mental health. Find helps for this badge here.
- With your parent, guardian, or Webelos den leader, complete the Health and Fitness Character Connection.
- Know: Tell why it is important to be healthy, clean, and fit.
- Commit: Tell when it is difficult for you to stick with good health habits. Tell where you can go to be with others who encourage you to be healthy, clean, and fit.
- Practice: Practice good health habits while doing the requirements for this activity badge.
And do six of these:
- With a parent or other adult family member complete a safety notebook, which is discussed in the booklet “How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse ” that comes with this book.
- Read the meal planning information in this chapter. With a parent or other family member, plan a week of meals. Explain what kinds of meals are best for you and why.
- Keep a record of your daily meals and snacks for a week. Decide whether you have been eating foods that are good for you.
- Tell an adult member of your family about the bad effects smoking or chewing tobacco would have on your body.
- Tell an adult member of your family four reasons why you should not use alcohol and how it could affect you.
- Tell an adult member of your family what drugs could do to your body and how they would affect your ability to think clearly.
- Read the booklet Take A Stand Against Drugs! Discuss it with an adult and show that you understand the material.
A reader who is a new Webelos den leader is confused about how many activity badges must be completed. We try to sort it out.
Scott sent in this question: My son is home schooled and has to do the requirement for second class 9a. The drug awareness part. do you have any suggestions on what he can do to meet this requirement?
Here are some links which will help you with the food choices and menu planning requirements for the Webelos Fitness activity badge.
The Fast Food Song is fun for Scouts. It is an action song and would fit in well with a nutrition themed meeting.
The core value for the month of May is Health and Fitness. Along with the regular pack meeting plan for this core value, BSA also plans to release a Cub Cafe theme.
BSA provides den meeting plans for den leader on the Scouting.org website. Today, I am going to go through the first Webelos plan. This plan covers Bobcat and part of the Fitness and Athlete activity badges. If you don’t have any new Cub Scouts in your den, then nobody needs to earn Bobcat, but it […]
Since health and fitness is the core value for Cub Scouts for the month of May, this might be a good time to introduce the requirements for the Physical Fitness belt loop. This recognition is part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports program
Most of us will be travelling this summer. We might be going on a vacation, heading out to camp, or taking a weekend visit to see relatives. So this is a good time to review travel safety rules with our kids.
The core value for Cub Scouts for the month of May is Health and Fitness. According to the program helps health and fitness is: Being personally committed to keeping our minds and bodies cleanand fit.Cub Scouts will learn that it is important and easy to eat a healthy diet and how a fitnessprogram can be […]
Instead of giving you a typical den meeting plan, I am going to list the badge requirements below and explain what we are doing for each one.
Most of the requirements must be done with a parent. So at our meeting, I talked to them about what they needed to discuss with their parents and sent them home with some handouts.
This is a home safety checklist for Cub Scouts to use. It can be used with Wolf Achievement 9 (Be Safe at Home and on the Street).
Most Scouts are probably familiar with the food pyramid from school. To make the nutrition and fitness components of the Scout program more interesting, turn them into a hands-on activity.
This is basically a go fish game with different types of food. I liked how the kids talked about the different types of food they saw on the cards.
Webelos is the Cub Scout program for boys in 4th and 5th grade. Find helps and requirements for the Webelos program on this page.