A reader asks about helping an auditory learner with the Webelos requirements. Songs can be a big help to auditory learners.
Family Member Activity Badge
The Family Member activity badge teaches Webelos what it means to be a responsible member of a caring family. Find helps for this badge here.
Family Member Requirements
- Tell what is meant by family, duty to family, and family meetings.
- Make a chart showing the jobs you and other family members have at home. Talk with your family about other jobs you can do for the next two months.
- Make a list of some things for which your family spends money. Tell how you can help your family save money.
- Plan your own budget for 30 days. Keep track of your daily expenses for seven days.
- Take part in at least four family meetings and help make decisions. The meetings might involve plans for family activities, or they might be about serious topics that your parent wants you to know about.
- With the help of an adult inspect your home and surroundings. Make a list of hazards or lack of security that you find. Correct one problem that you found and tell what you did.
And do two of these:
- With the help of an adult prepare a family energy-saving plan. Explain what you did to carry it out.
- Tell what your family does for fun. Make a list of fun things your family might do for little or no cost. Plan a family fun night.
- Learn how to clean your home properly. With adult supervision, help do it for one month.
- Show that you know how to take care of your clothes. With adult supervision, help at least twice with the family laundry.
- With adult supervision, help plan the meals for your family for one week. Help buy the food and help prepare three meals for your family.
- While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Academics belt loop for Heritages.
- Explain why garbage and trash must be disposed of properly.
A reader who is a new Webelos den leader is confused about how many activity badges must be completed. We try to sort it out.
One Cub Scout theme for the March core value of Compassion is a Pet Pals theme. This theme focuses on taking care of our pet companions.
BSA offers supplemental pack program ideas for each month. One theme for the January core value of Positive Attitude is a Yes I Can! theme.
How do you do Cub Scout genealogy requirements when you have children from non-traditional families who may not know who their grandparents or even parents are?
The Faith and Our Ancestors Game is an icebreaker activity with a genealogy twist. Players ask each other questions about how they think their ancestors lived.
This Webelos den meeting plan covers part of the Webelos Family Member activity badge and some of the requirements for the Arrow of Light.
This Cub Scout scrapbook kit includes dimensional stickers, rub-ons and embossed stickers – 89 pieces total!
This Tiger Cub Scout scrap kit is perfect for scrapbooks or other Cub Scout projects.
These Tiger Cub Scout stickers are perfect for scrapbooks or other Cub Scout projects.
Use these embossed Cub Scout stickers to add a special touch to a Cub Scout scrapbook or art project.
Use this Cub Scout scrapbook to record all of those special memories. This postbound scrapbook is perfect for all those Scout pictures and accomplishments.
Perfect for adding creativity to your scrapbook pages and art projects, this package includes 24 double sided cardstock papers all with a Cub Scout theme.
These Cub Scout stickers are perfect for scrapbooks or other Cub Scout projects.
One of the supplemental plans for February will be the old Turn Back the Clock theme. This one was the program theme at least a couple of times in the past.
Most Cub Scouts enjoy learning about their families and where they came from, so the Heritages belt loop from the Cub Scout Academics and Sports program makes a fun activity for them.
Summertime is a good time for your Webelos to work on their Family Member activity badge. With the extra time on their hands, they can learn how to do some more chores around the house.
Requirement 4 for the Webelos Family Member activity badge requires the Scout to plan a budget for 30 days. This simple worksheet will provide a way to do that.
This is a home safety checklist for Cub Scouts to use. It can be used with Wolf Achievement 9 (Be Safe at Home and on the Street).
Webelos is the Cub Scout program for boys in 4th and 5th grade. Find helps and requirements for the Webelos program on this page.