Cub Scout Archives: Engineer Activity Badge
The Engineer activity badge gives Webelos the opportunity to learn about design. Find helps for this badge here.
- Talk to an engineer, surveyor, or architect in your area about the different occupations in engineering. Create a list that tells what they do.
- Draw a floor plan of your house. Include doors, windows, and stairways.
And do four of these:
- Visit a construction job. Look at a set of plans used to build the facility or product. Tell your Webelos den leader about these. (Get permission before you visit.)
- Visit a civil engineer or surveyor to learn how to measure the length of a property line. Explain how property lines are determined.
- Tell about how electricity is generated and then gets to your home.
- Construct a simple working electrical circuit using a flashlight battery, a switch, and a light.
- Make drawings of three kinds of bridges and explain their differences. Construct a model bridge of your choice.
- Make a simple crane using a block and tackle and explain how the block and tackle is used in everyday life.
- Build a catapult and show how it works.
- While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Cub Scout Academics belt loop for Mathematics.
Helping an Auditory Learner with Webelos Requirements A reader asks about helping an auditory learner with the Webelos requirements. Songs can be a big help to auditory learners.
Webelos Requirements A reader who is a new Webelos den leader is confused about how many activity badges must be completed. We try to sort it out.
Forces of Flight Game The Forces of Flight game would make a fun addition to a pack meeting for the Soaring the Skies Cub Scout theme. Use this game when the Cub Scouts have been sitting for too long and need to get up and move around.
April Cub Scout Theme – Soaring the Skies (Faith) One theme for the April Cub Scout core value of Faith is a Soaring the Skies theme. This theme focuses on depending on faith to reach lofty goals.
1-2-3 Go! – STEM Award for Cub Scouts (Mathematics) STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. The math award for Cub Scouts is called 1-2-3 Go! and focuses on calculations and secret codes.
Swing! - STEM Award for Cub Scouts (Engineering) STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. . The engineering Nova STEM award for Cub Scouts is called Swing explores levers
February Cub Scout Theme – Invention Convention (Resourcefulness) One Cub Scout theme for the February core value of Resourcefulness is a Invention Convention theme. Explore ideas and creative solutions with this theme.
BSA Webelos Den Meeting Plans: # 12 – Engineer Activity Badge BSA provides Webelos den meeting plans for Cub Scout den leaders on the Scouting.org website. The twelfth Webelos den meeting plan completes the Engineer Activity Badge which was stared in the previous meeting.
Egg Drop Challenge - An Engineering Project In an egg drop challenge, Scouts try to design a container which can prevent an egg from breaking when dropped. This is an excellent project to get kids interested in science and engineering.
BSA Webelos Den Meeting Plans: Den Meeting Plan #11 – Engineer BSA provides Webelos den meeting plans for Cub Scout den leaders on the Scouting.org website. The eleventh Webelos den meeting plan starts the Engineer Activity Badge. With ZM's den, this was a favorite activity badge. They loved making projects and trying them out.
Book Review: Mini Weapons of Mass Destruction My boys loved this book! It shows them how to make miniature catapults, bows, and other projectile machines out of common office supplies. This book would make a great basis for a troop open house or a just for a fun meeting. The projects in the book are perfect for 10 to 13 year old boys, which is usually the age group we target most heavily for recruiting. It could also be used with the Engineering merit badge or the Webelos Engineer activity badge.
Mathematics Belt Loop for Cub Scouts Today is 3-14. Happy Pi Day! In honor of this special occasion, let's take a look at the Mathematics belt loop from the Cub Scout Academics and Sports program.
Webelos Engineer Activity Badge Den Meeting Plan Part 2 Today I am posting another den meeting plan for Webelos Engineer activity badge. This meeting plan, along with the first meeting plan, completes all of the requirements.
Webelos Engineer Activity Badge Den Meeting Plan Part 1 When we were working on the Engineer activity badge, I told my Webelos that engineering is all about looking at a problem, considering the resources at your disposal, and then finding a solution.
Helps and Requirements for Webelos Webelos is the Cub Scout program for boys in 4th and 5th grade. Find helps and requirements for the Webelos program on this page.
Past Posts On This Day
November 27, 2013
November 27, 2012
November 27, 2011
November 27, 2010