Cub Scout Archives: Bear Elective 23 - Maps
When explorers scout a new land, they make maps to show others what they find. Maps mean adventure, excitement, and imaginary trips. They are also useful for exploring your town and state.
Bear Elective 23 Requirements
- Look up your state on a U.S. map. What other states touch its borders?
- Find your city or town on a map of your state. How far do you live from the state capital?
- In which time zone do you live? How many time zones are there in the U.S.?
- Make a map showing the route from your home to your school or den meeting place.
- Mark a map showing the way to a place you would like to visit that is at least 50 miles from your home.
December Cub Scout Theme: Passport to Other Lands (Respect) BSA offers supplemental pack program ideas for each month. One theme for the December core value of Respect s a Passport to Other Lands theme.
Bear Den Meeting Plans: Maps BSA provides Bear den meeting plans for Cub Scout den leaders. One of the Bear den meeting plans covers much of Elective 23 - Maps.
Helps and Requirements for Bear Bear is the Cub Scout program for boys in 3rd grade. Find helps and requirements for the Bear program on this page.