Cub Scout Archives: Bear Elective 11 - Photography
Taking pictures is a lot of fun, but it can be harder than you might think. You need to use a camera to learn the secrets of taking good pictures.
Bear Elective 11 Requirements
- Practice holding a camera still in one position. Learn to push the shutter button without moving the camera. Do this without film in the camera until you have learned how. Look through the viewfinder and see what your picture will look like. Make sure that everything you want in your picture is in the frame of your viewfinder.
- Take five pictures of the same subject in different kinds of light.
- Subject in direct sun with direct light.
- Subject in direct sun with side light.
- Subject in direct sun with back light.
- Subject in shade on a sunny day.
- Subject on a cloudy day.
- Put your pictures to use.
- Mount a picture on cardboard for display.
- Mount on cardboard and give it to a friend.
- Make three pictures that show how something happened (tell a story) and write a one sentence explanation for each.
- Take a picture in your house.
- With available light.
- Using a flash attachment or photoflood (bright light).
Bear Electives and Arrow Points Arrow points can be confusing. Each part of an elective counts toward arrow points. In addition, Bears can use the requirements from any achievements they did not do as part of the Bear badge.
Caption Contest Gathering Activity An idea for your gathering activities for photography or camera themes is to have a caption contest with some silly or unusual photos.
When I Was Young Gathering Activity "When I Was Young" can be used as one of the gathering activities for any meeting centered around a history theme or a photography or cinema theme. This also works well for a Blue and Gold banquet.
January Cub Scout Theme - Lights, Camera, Action (Positive Attitude) BSA offers supplemental pack program ideas for each month. One theme for the January core value of Positive Attitude is a Lights, Camera, Action theme.
Helps and Requirements for Bear Bear is the Cub Scout program for boys in 3rd grade. Find helps and requirements for the Bear program on this page.
Past Posts On This Day
April 21, 2011
April 21, 2010