Cub Scout Archives: Bear Elective 5 - Boats
Boating and sailing are great sports. Maybe you’ve already been sailing, but do you know how to rig a sailboat? Repair a dock? Do you know the safety rules for boating?
If your answers were no, find out now. Anchors aweigh!
Bear Elective 5 Requirements
- Help an adult rig and sail a real boat. (Wear your PFD.)
- Help an adult repair a real boat or canoe.
- Know the flag signals for storm warnings.
- Help an adult repair a boat dock.
- With an adult on board, and both wearing PFDs, row a boat around a 100-yard course that has two turns. Demonstrate forward strokes, turns to both sides, and backstrokes.
April Cub Scout Theme - My Family Tree (Faith) The My Family Tree Cub Scout program theme revolves around the idea of the faith our ancestors had to set out into the world, especially those who traveled by boat.
Safety Afloat Before embarking on a boating activity with your scouts, make sure everyone is aware of the Safety Afloat guidelines.
Helps and Requirements for Bear Bear is the Cub Scout program for boys in 3rd grade. Find helps and requirements for the Bear program on this page.