BSA offers supplemental pack program ideas for each month. One theme for the January core value of Positive Attitude is a Yes I Can! theme.
Cub Scout Archives: Bear Achievement 24 - Be a Leader
Bear Achievement 24 is about serving others through leadership. Find helps for this achievement here.
Bear Achievement 24 Requirements
Complete requirement f and two other requirements.
- Help a boy join Cub Scouting, or help a new Cub Scout through the Bobcat trail.
- Serve as a denner or assistant denner.
- Plan and conduct a den activity with the approval of your den leader.
- Tell two people they have done a good job.
- Leadership means choosing a way even when not everybody likes your choice.
- Complete the Character Connection for Compassion.
- Know. Tell why, as a leader, it is important to show kindness and concern for other people. List ways leaders show they care about the thoughts and feelings of others.
- Commit. Tell why a good leader must consider the ideas, abilities, and feelings of others. Tell why it might be hard for a leader to protect another person’s well-being. Tell ways you can be kind and compassionate.
- Practice. While you complete the requirements for this achievement, find ways to be kind and considerate of others.
The Recruiter Strip is worn by Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts who have recruited another boy to join Scouting.
BSA offers supplemental pack program ideas for each month. One theme for the September core value of Cooperation is a Hometown Heroes theme.
The core value for the month of March is Compassion. I have heard through the grapevine that the first supplemental plan for this core value will be “Planting Seeds of Kindness”.
Bear is the Cub Scout program for boys in 3rd grade. Find helps and requirements for the Bear program on this page.