Cub Scout Archives: Bear Achievement 21 - Build a Model
Bear Achievement 21 is about making models. Find helps for this achievement here.
Bear Achievement 21 Requirements
Complete requirement g and two other requirements.
- Build a model from a kit.
- Build a display for one of your models.
- Pretend you are planning to change the furniture layout in one of the rooms in your home.
- Make a model of a mountain, a meadow, a canyon, or a river.
- Go and see a model of a shopping center or new building that is on display somewhere.
- Make a model of a rocket, boat, car, or plane.
- Complete the Character Connection for Resourcefulness.
- Know. Review the requirements for this achievement and list the resources you would need to complete them. Then list the materials you could substitute for items that you do not already have. Tell what it means to be resourceful.
- Commit. After you complete the requirements for this achievement, list any changes that would make the results better if you did these projects again. Tell why it is important to consider all available resources for a project.
- Practice. While you complete the requirements for this achievement, make notes on which materials worked well in your projects and why.
BSA Bear Supplemental Den Meeting Plan O - Build a Model In this idea from the Bear den meeting plans, Cub Scouts take a trip to see a building model for the requirements for Bear Achievement 21 – Build a Model.
April Cub Scout Theme - My Family Tree (Faith) The My Family Tree Cub Scout program theme revolves around the idea of the faith our ancestors had to set out into the world, especially those who traveled by boat.
BSA Bear Den Meeting Plan 16 – Build a Model (Pinewood Derby Car Continued) This Bear den meeting plan continues Bear Achievement 21 - Build a Model. Bear Cub Scouts paint and finish their pinewood derby cars.
BSA Bear Den Meeting Plan 15 - Build a Model (Pinewood Derby Car) BSA provides Bear den meeting ideas for den leaders. This plan covers Bear Achievement 21 - Build a Model by making a Pinewood Derby car with the Scouts.
Getting Started in Pinewood Derby: Step-by-Step Workbook to Building Your First Car This is a great book to help Cub Scouts build a their very own Pinewood Derby car.
More Pack Meeting Ideas for February – Resourcefulness I posted a few ideas last year, but here are some more ideas for incorporating resourcefulness into your Cub Scout program.
Book Review: Getting Started in Pinewood Derby I recently received a copy of Getting Started in Pinewood Derby by Troy Thorne. This colorful workbook goes through all of the steps involved in building a car. My favorite thing about the book is that it is directed at Cub Scouts - who should be doing most of the work on their cars.
Bear Achievement 21 (Build a Model) and Pinewood Derby A lot of packs have their Pinewood Derby in January, so this is a good time to think about how this fun event can fit in with advancement.
Helps and Requirements for Bear Bear is the Cub Scout program for boys in 3rd grade. Find helps and requirements for the Bear program on this page.