Cub Scout Archives: Bear Achievement 11 - Be Ready
Bear Achievement 11 is about being prepared for emergencies. Find helps for this achievement here.
Bear Achievement 11 Requirements
Complete requirements a through e and requirement g. Requirement f is recommended, but not required.
- Tell what to do in case of an accident in the home. A family member needs help. Someone’s clothes catch on fire.
- Tell what to do in case of a water accident.
- Tell what to do in case of a school bus accident.
- Tell what to do in case of a car accident.
- With your family, plan escape routes from your home and have a practice drill.
- Have a health checkup by a physician (optional).
- Complete the Character Connection for Courage.
- Know. Memorize the courage steps: Be brave, Be calm, Be clear, and Be careful. Tell why each courage step is important. How will memorizing the courage steps help you to be ready?
- Commit. Tell why it might be difficult to follow the courage steps in an emergency situation. Think of other times you can use the courage steps. (Standing up to a bully is one example.)
- Practice. Act out one of the requirements using these courage steps: Be brave, Be calm, Be clear, and Be careful.
BSA Bear Den Meeting Plan 8 - Be Ready! BSA provides Bear den meeting plans for Cub Scout den leaders. This Bear den meeting plan focuses on Bear Achievement 11 – Be Ready.
911 Song This silly song is a favorite with my boys. Yes, it involves crashing into trees, ambulance rides, blood, and the word cops. But it seems to be the type of song boys enjoy singing. Don't ask me why.
Ideas for July Pack Meeting – Courage The core value for Cub Scouts for the month of July is Courage. According to the program helps courage is being brave and doing what is right regardless of our fears, the difficulties, or the consequences.
Emergency Preparedness BSA - Cub Scout Requirements This award is all about emergency preparedness. Today I am sharing the Cub Scout requirements. This might make a nice theme for a pack event. There are different requirements for Boy Scouts, Venturers, and Scouters.
Emergency Phone Number List Emergency preparedness is part of every level of Scouting program. For younger Scouts, that primarily means knowing how to get help.
Fire Drill Time! Fire drills are encouraged throughout scouting programs, from the Tigers to Boy Scouts. Print out a basic plan for conducting a home fire drill.
Helps and Requirements for Bear Bear is the Cub Scout program for boys in 3rd grade. Find helps and requirements for the Bear program on this page.
Past Posts On This Day
March 8, 2012
March 8, 2012
March 8, 2011