BSA offers supplemental pack program ideas for each month. The newest theme for the August core value of Honesty will be a Kids Against Crime theme.
Cub Scout Archives: Bear Achievement 7 - Law Enforcement Is a Big Job
Bear Achievement 7 is about keeping our community safe. Find helps for this achievement here.
Bear Achievement 7 Requirements
Complete all six requirements.
- Practice one way police gather evidence: by taking fingerprints, or taking shoeprints, or taking tire track casts.
- Visit your local sheriff’s office or police station or talk with a law enforcement officer visiting your den or pack to discuss crime prevention.
- Help with crime prevention for your home.
- Be sure you know where to get help in your neighborhood.
- Learn the phone numbers to use in an emergency and post them by each phone in your home.
- Know what you can do to help law enforcement.
In this article, I’ll take a look at the fifth BSA Bear den meeting plan and comment with some tips and links. This plan covers part of Bear Achievement 1 – Ways We Worship and Bear Achievement 20 – Sawdust and Nails.
This plan covers Bear Achievement 7 – Law Enforcement Is a Big Job. I’ll include some links and other ideas to help you with this meeting plan.
Plaster of Paris is messy, which means Scouts will enjoy it. You can use this versatile medium to make plaster molds and casts. This technique can be used to make shoe prints or tire track casts for Requirement 1 of Bear Achievement 7 – Law Enforcement Is a Big Job.
Bear Achievement 7 is a fun den meeting. There is some hands on stuff and a police officer visit.
Emergency preparedness is part of every level of Scouting program. For younger Scouts, that primarily means knowing how to get help.
Bear is the Cub Scout program for boys in 3rd grade. Find helps and requirements for the Bear program on this page.