Cub Scout Archives: Bear Achievement 6 - Take Care of Your Planet
Bear Achievement 6 is about conservation. Find helps for this achievement here.
Bear Achievement 6 Requirements
Complete three of the requirements.
- Save 5 pounds of glass or aluminum, or 1 month of daily newspapers. Turn them in at a recycling center or use your community’s recycling service.
- Plant a tree in your yard, or on the grounds of the group that operates your Cub Scout pack, or in a park or other public place. Be sure to get permission first.
- Call city or county officials or your trash hauling company and find out what happens to your trash after it is hauled away.
- List all the ways water is used in your home. Search for dripping faucets or other ways water might be wasted. With an adult, repair or correct those problems.
- Discuss with an adult in your family the kinds of energy your family uses.
- Find out more about your family’s use of electricity.
- Take part in a den or pack neighborhood clean-up project.
May Cub Scout Theme – Destination Parks (Health and Fitness) BSA offers supplemental pack program ideas for each month. One of the Cub Scout themes for the May core value of Health and Fitness is a Destination Parks theme.
Bear Den Meeting Plans: BSA Bear Den Meeting Idea 14 - Take Care of Your Planet Today's article covers the fourteenth Bear Cub Scout den meeting plan which is all about Bear Achievement 6 – Take Care of Your Planet.
October Cub Scout Theme - Jungle of Fun (Responsibility) This theme revolves around the ideas of conservation and using natural resources wisely with an emphasis on how we treat other living beings.
Good Manners Napkins Do you ever feel like you are repeating yourself when you are teaching your kids table manners? Here is an idea your Cub Scouts can make for their holiday table or even for everyday family dinners.
Den Meeting Plan for Bear Achievement 6 - Take Care of Your Planet One of the achievements in the "For Country" category is Achievement 6 - Take Care of Your Planet. This achievement can be really fun for your Bears to do as a den if you can team up with your chartered organization or another community organization. Find a place you can go to do some litter cleanup and plant a tree.
Native American Prayer Native American lore is an important part of the Boy Scout and Cub Scout programs. This prayer is attributed to Chief Sealth (for whom Seattle is named).
Earth Treats Recipe In honor of Earth Day, here is an Earth themed snack. Basically these are rice krispie treats shaped like the earth. You can make small "earths" or larger ones, but it seems to set better if you don't make them too big.
Soil Sample Cupcakes Recipe Scouts always enjoy playing with their food! This would make a nice snack for any den meeting based on one of the ecology lessons.
Helps and Requirements for Bear Bear is the Cub Scout program for boys in 3rd grade. Find helps and requirements for the Bear program on this page.
Past Posts On This Day
November 25, 2013
November 25, 2011
November 25, 2010