BSA offers supplemental pack program ideas for each month. One of the Cub Scout themes for the May core value of Health and Fitness is a Destination Parks theme.
Cub Scout Archives: Bear Achievement 5 - Sharing Your World with Wildlife
Bear Achievement 5 is about protecting wildlife. Find helps for this achievement here.
Bear Achievement 5 Requirements
Complete four of the requirements.
- Choose a bird or animal that you like and find out how it lives. Make a poster showing what you have learned.
- Build or make a bird feeder or birdhouse and hang it in a place where birds can visit safely.
- Explain what a wildlife conservation officer does.
- Visit one of the following: Zoo, Nature center, Aviary, Wildlife refuge, Game preserve.
- Name one animal that has become extinct in the last 100 years. Tell why animals become extinct. Name one animal that is on the endangered species list.
This theme revolves around the ideas of conservation and using natural resources wisely with an emphasis on how we treat other living beings.
Bear Den Meeting Ideas: This plan focuses on Bear Achievement 5 – Sharing Your World with Wildlife and the Wildlife Conservation Belt Loop.
These inexpensive bird house kits are perfect for your den meeting. The pieces are all pre-cut, so your Cub Scouts just need to assemble and finish them.
Conservation and Scouting go hand in hand. Since getting outdoors is a big part of the Cub Scout and Boy Scout programs, it makes sense that we should teach Scouts about protecting our natural resources. The US Fish and Wildlife Service has an Endangered Species Page where you can look up endangered species in your […]
For this meeting plan, you will need to take a field trip to a zoo, nature center, wildlife preserve, or similar location. Don’t forget to put the “outing” in Cub Scouting every now and then.
This award is available to Wolves, Bears, and Webelos. The purpose of the award is to help Cub Scouts think about how we are all interdependent on our environment. The requirements are differnent depending which year the Cub Scout is in.
Use dried gourds to make a birdhouse. If you didn’t grow any yourself, you can probably find some in your area at a farmer’s market or even a craft shop.
Bear is the Cub Scout program for boys in 3rd grade. Find helps and requirements for the Bear program on this page.