Cub Scout Archives: Athlete Activity Badge
The Athlete activity badge is all about strength and good health. Find helps for this badge here.
- With your parent, guardian, or Webelos den leader, complete the Perseverance Character Connection.
- Know: Review the requirements and decide which ones might be more difficult for you to do. Make a plan to complete one of the harder requirements.
- Commit: When doing the harder requirement, did you ever feel frustrated or angry? What did perseverance have to do with that? Name another type of task for which you will need to persevere.
- Practice: Practice perseverance by following your plan to do that requirement for the Athlete activity badge.
Explain what it means to be physically and mentally healthy.
- Explain what you as a Webelos Scout can do to stay physically and mentally healthy.
- Every time you work on requirement 5 below, start with at least 5 minutes of stretching warm-up activities.
- Do as many as you can of the following and record your results. Show improvement in all of the activities after 30 days.
- Have another person hold your feet down while you do as many curl-ups as you can.
- Do as many pull-ups from a bar as you can.
- Do as many push-ups from the ground or floor as you can.
- Do a standing long jump as far as you can.
- Do a quarter-mile run or walk..
And do two of these:
- Do a vertical jump and improve your reach in 30 days.
- Do a 50 yard dash as fast as you can, and show a decrease in time over a 30 day period.
- Ride a bike 1 mile as fast as you can, and show a decrease in time over a 30 day period.
- Swim a quarter mile in a pool or lake as fast as you can, and show a decrease in time over a 30 day period.
- While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Cub Scout Sports Pin for physical fitness.
Helping an Auditory Learner with Webelos Requirements A reader asks about helping an auditory learner with the Webelos requirements. Songs can be a big help to auditory learners.
Webelos Requirements A reader who is a new Webelos den leader is confused about how many activity badges must be completed. We try to sort it out.
May Cub Scout Theme - Backyard Fun (Health and Fitness) One of the Cub Scout themes for the May core value of Health and Fitness is a Backyard Fun theme.
May Cub Scout Theme – Destination Parks (Health and Fitness) BSA offers supplemental pack program ideas for each month. One of the Cub Scout themes for the May core value of Health and Fitness is a Destination Parks theme.
Physical Fitness Pin for Cub Scouts The core value for the month of May for the Cub Scout program is Health and Fitness. If you are still looking for ideas for your May pack or den meetings, consider the Physical Fitness pin from the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program.
BSA Webelos Den Meeting Plan 4 – Traveler and Athlete This plan completes Athlete and does all of Traveler. It also completes the Geography belt loop from the Cub Scout Academics and Sports program.
BSA Webelos Den Meeting 1: Athlete and Fitness BSA provides den meeting plans for den leader on the Scouting.org website. Today, I am going to go through the first Webelos plan. This plan covers Bobcat and part of the Fitness and Athlete activity badges. If you don't have any new Cub Scouts in your den, then nobody needs to earn Bobcat, but it doesn't hurt to review the material anyway.
Den Meeting Plan for Webelos Athlete Activity Badge For this badge your Webelos have to do several fitness tasks. Then they are supposed to work on these skills on their own and then do the tasks again 30 days later to see if they improved. This is similar to the fitness requirements for the Tenderfoot badge and for the Personal Fitness merit badge which they will work on when they get to Boy Scouts.
Physical Fitness Belt Loop for Cub Scouts Since health and fitness is the core value for Cub Scouts for the month of May, this might be a good time to introduce the requirements for the Physical Fitness belt loop. This recognition is part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports program
Ideas for May Pack Meeting - Health and Fitness The core value for Cub Scouts for the month of May is Health and Fitness. According to the program helps health and fitness is: Being personally committed to keeping our minds and bodies cleanand fit.Cub Scouts will learn that it is important and easy to eat a healthy diet and how a fitnessprogram can be part of their daily routine.
Helps and Requirements for Webelos Webelos is the Cub Scout program for boys in 4th and 5th grade. Find helps and requirements for the Webelos program on this page.