A reader asks about helping an auditory learner with the Webelos requirements. Songs can be a big help to auditory learners.
Artist Activity Badge
The Artist Activity Badge helps Webelos learn to use different media to create art. Find helps for this badge here.
- Talk to an artist in your area or to your art teacher about the different occupations in the art field. Make a list of them.
- Create a scrapbook (portfolio) of your Artist activity badge projects and show it to your den leader.
And do five of these:
- Draw or paint an original picture out-of-doors, using the art materials you prefer. Frame the picture for your room or home.
- List the primary and secondary colors. Explain what happens when you combine colors.
- Using a computer, make six original designs using straight lines, curved lines, or both.
- Draw a profile of a member of your family.
- Use clay to sculpt a simple object.
- Make a mobile, using your choice of materials.
- Make an art construction, using your choice of materials.
- Create a collage that expresses something about you.
- While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Cub Scout Academics belt loop for Art.
A reader who is a new Webelos den leader is confused about how many activity badges must be completed. We try to sort it out.
One theme for the February core value of Resourcefulness is a Litter to Glitter theme. Cub Scouts think of ways to use things we might otherwise toss away.
BSA provides meeting plans are full of Webelos den meeting ideas. The 15th Webelos den meeting plan covers Scholar activity badge and part of Artist activity badge.
Step-by-step, easy instructions show how to make pigs, cats, masks, monsters and more.
80-piece deluxe art set including art supplies for drawing, painting and more
Introduces children to the seven basic elements of design that will help them to take a piece of art from 'That's Nice' to 'Wow!'. These elements – line, shape, form, colour, value, texture, and space – are the building blocks that all artists use to create works from drawings and paintings to weaving and sculpture
The Art belt loop is another of the recognition from the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. Our pack did this belt loop at our School Night to Join Scouting back in August. A few of the Scouter did the activity with the Scouts while the parents filled out paperwork. The new Cub Scouts were […]
BSA provides den meeting plans for den leaders on the Scouting.org website. The eighth Webelos den meeting plan focuses on the Webelos Artist Activity badge.
Instructions for a fish shaped craft made from old CDs. Make one or make several and put them together as a mobile.
This springtime craft could serve as a gathering activity at a den meeting. Use it to fulfill Tiger electives, Bear electives, a construction for the Artist activity badge, or for the Cub Scout Academics and Sports program Art pin.
Make a print using leaves and paint. Cub Scouts can use this to fulfill or enrich Tiger Requirement 5D, Tiger Elective 2, Tiger Elective 12, Wolf Elective 12, Bear Elective 12, Webelos Artist activity badge, or the Art belt loop and pin.
Webelos is the Cub Scout program for boys in 4th and 5th grade. Find helps and requirements for the Webelos program on this page.