Spirit of the Water is one of the Wolf Cub Scout elective adventures. For the Spirit of the Water adventure, Wolves learn about water conservation and how to enjoy swimming and boating safely.
The requirement for this adventure are shown below. Upon completion of this adventure, Wolf Cub Scouts will receive a belt loop.
Requirements for the Spirit of the Water Wolf Adventure
- Demonstrate how the water in your community can become polluted.
- Explain one way that you can help conserve water in your home.
- Explain to your den leader why swimming is good exercise.
- Explain the safety rules that you need to follow before participating in swimming or boating.
- Show how to do a reaching rescue.
- Visit a local pool or public swimming area with your family or Wolf den. With qualified supervision, jump into water that is at least chest-high, and swim 25 feet or more.