Paws of Skill is one of the Wolf Cub Scout elective adventures. For the Paws of Skill adventure, Wolves learn about sportsmanship and using sports to stay physically fit.
The requirement for this adventure are shown below. Upon completion of this adventure, Wolf Cub Scouts will receive a belt loop.
Requirements for the Paws of Skill Wolf Adventure
- Talk with your family and den about what it means to be physically fit. Share ideas of what you can do to stay in shape.
- With your den, talk about why it is important to stretch before and after exercising. Demonstrate proper warm-up movements and stretches before and after each activity you do that involves action.
- Select two physical fitness skills and practice them daily. See if you can improve over a two-week period.
- With your family or your den, talk about what it means to be a member of a team. Working together, make a list of team sports, and talk about how the team works together to be successful. Choose one and play for 30 minutes.
- With your den, talk about sportsmanship and what it means to be a good sport while playing a game or a sport. Share with your den how you were a good sport or demonstrated good sportsmanship in requirement 4.
- Visit a sporting event with your family or your den. Look for ways the team works together. Share your visit with your den.
- With your den, develop an obstacle course that involves five different movements. Run the course two times and see if your time improves.