Cubs Who Care is one of the Wolf Cub Scout elective adventures.For the Cubs Who Care adventure, Wolves learn about the challenges faced by people with disabilities.
The requirement for this adventure are shown below. Upon completion of this adventure, Wolf Cub Scouts will receive a belt loop.
Requirements for the Cubs Who Care Wolf Adventure
- With the members of your den, visit with a person who has a physical disability.
- Do four of the following, a through h:
- With other members of your den, try using a wheelchair or crutches, and reflect on the process.
- Learn about a sport that has been adapted so that people in wheelchairs or with some other physical disability can play, and tell your den about it.
- Learn about “invisible” disabilities. Take part in an activity that helps develop an understanding of invisible disabilities.
- With your den, try doing three of the following things while wearing gloves or mittens:
- Tying your shoes.
- Using a fork to pick up food.
- Playing a card game.
- Playing a video game.
- Playing checkers or another board game.
- Blowing bubbles.
- e. Paint a picture two different ways: Paint it once the way you usually would paint it and then again by using a blindfold. Discuss with your den the ways the process was different.
- f. Demonstrate a simple sentence or at least four points of the Scout Law using American Sign Language.
- g. Learn about someone famous who has or had a physical disability, and share that person’s story with your den.
- h. Attend an event where people with disabilities are participants or where accommodations for people with disabilities are made a part of the event.