Paws on the Path is one of the Wolf CORE Adventure Requirements. For this adventure, Wolves learn how to hike safely and under the guidelines of the Outdoor Code and LNT. Then they go on a hike.
The requirement for this adventure are shown below. Upon completion of this adventure, Wolves will receive a belt loop.
Requirements for the Paws on the Path Wolf Adventure
- Show you are prepared to hike safely by putting together the Cub Scout Six Essentials to take along on your hike.
- Tell what the buddy system is and why we always use it in Cub Scouts.
- Describe what you should do if you get separated from your group while hiking.
- Choose the appropriate clothing to wear on your hike based on the expected weather.
- Before hiking, recite the Outdoor Code and the Leave No Trace Principles for Kids with your leader. After hiking, discuss how you showed respect for wildlife.
- Go on a 1-mile hike with your den or family. Watch and record two interesting things that you’ve never seen before.
- Name two birds, two bugs, and two animals that live in your area. Explain how you identified them.
- Draw a map of an area near where you live using common map symbols. Show which direction is north on your map.