Project Family is one of the Webelos/Arrow of Light elective adventures. For the Project Family adventure, Webelos learn about family history and discover different ways they can participate as a family member.
The requirement for this adventure are shown below. Upon completion of this adventure, Webelos will receive a pin.
Requirements for the Project Family Webelos/AOL AdventureDo 1 through 5, then choose two of 6 through 8:
- Interview a grandparent, another family elder, or a family friend about what life was like when he or she was growing up. Share his or her story with another family member.
- Talk with members of your family about your family name, history, traditions, and culture. Create a family tree of three generations or make a poster or Web page that shows the origins of your ancestors. Or choose a special celebration or holiday that your family participates in, and create either a poster, picture, or photo slide show of it. Share this project with your den.
- Show your understanding of your duty to family by creating a chart listing the jobs that you and other family members have at home. Choose three of the jobs that you are responsible for, and chart them for two weeks.
- Select ONE of the jobs below that belongs to another family member, and participate with them to complete it:
- Create a grocery shopping list for the week.
- Complete the laundry for your family one time.
- Help prepare meals for your family for one day.
- Create a list of community service or conservation projects that you and your family can do together, and present it to your family. Select one project, plan it, and complete it with your family.
- With the help of an adult, inspect your home and surroundings. Make a list of hazards or security problems that you find. Correct one problem that you found, and tell what you did.
- Hold a family meeting to plan an exciting family activity. The activity could include:
- A family reunion
- A family night
- A family outing
- Have your family event. Afterward, tell your parent or guardian about what you liked best about the event.