Engineer is one of the Webelos/Arrow of Light elective adventures. For the Engineer adventure, Webelos learn about how engineers design new things and make two projects of their own.
The requirement for this adventure are shown below. Upon completion of this adventure, Webelos will receive a pin.
Requirements for the Engineer Webelos/AOL Adventure
- Pick one type of engineer. With the help of the Internet, your local library, or a local engineer you may know or locate, discover and record in your book three things that describe what that engineer does. (Be sure to have your Webelos den leader, parent, or guardian’s permission to use the Internet.) Share your findings with your Webelos den.
- Learn to follow engineering design principles by doing the following:
- Examine a set of blueprints. Using these as a model, construct your own set of blueprints/plans to design a project.
- Using the blueprints/plans from your own design, construct your project. Your project may be something useful or something fun.
- Share your project with your Webelos den and your pack by displaying the project at a pack meeting.
- Explore other fields of engineering and how they have helped form our past, present, and future.
- Pick and do two projects using the engineering skills you have learned. Share your projects with your den and also exhibit them at a pack meeting.