To earn the Venturing Ranger award, a young man or woman must complete eight core requirements and four electives. One of the electives to meet the Ranger award requirements is First Aid. (Note that there is also a First Aid core requirement which must also be earned for the Ranger award.)
To complete the Venturing Ranger Award requirements for First Aid, a Venturer must learn about making a first aid kit and share this knowledge with others. He or she must also complete a first aid course.
Venturing Ranger Award Requirements – First Aid Elective
- Build a personal first aid kit or help build a group first aid kit.
- Know how to use everything in the kit.
- Teach another person in your crew, another crew, a Cub or Boy Scout group, or other how to make and use a personal or group first aid kit.
Do 2, 3, or 4.
- Complete a 25 hour emergency first aid course.
- Complete a 45-hour emergency response course.
- Complete an EMT Basic course offered through a local hospital, college, or first aid crew.