Sky Is the Limit is one of the Tiger elective adventures. For this adventure, Tiger Cubs and their adult partners learn about astronomy and do some star gazing.
The requirement for this adventure are shown below. Upon completion of this adventure, Tiger Cubs will receive a belt loop.
Requirements for the Sky Is the Limit Tiger Adventure
- With your den or adult partner, go outside to observe the night sky. Talk about objects you see or might see.
- Look at a distant object through a telescope or binoculars. Show how to focus the device you chose.
- Observe in the sky or select from a book or chart two constellations that are easily seen in the night sky. With your adult partner, find out the names of the stars that make up the constellation and how the constellation got its name. Share what you found with your den.
- Create and name your own constellation. Share your constellation with your den.
- Create a homemade constellation.
- Find out about two different jobs related to astronomy. Share this information with your den.
- Find out about two astronauts who were Scouts when they were younger. Share what you learned with your den.
- With your den, visit a planetarium, observatory, science museum, astronomy club, or college or high school astronomy teacher. Before you go, write down questions you might want to ask. Share what you learned with your family.