Earning Your Stripes is one of the Tiger elective adventures. For this adventure, Tiger Cubs and their adult partners practice loyalty and good manners. They also do a service project.
The requirement for this adventure are shown below. Upon completion of this adventure, Tiger Cubs will receive a belt loop.
Requirements for the Earning Your Stripes Tiger Adventure
- Bring in and share with your den five items that are the color orange.
- Demonstrate loyalty over the next week at school or in your community. Share at your next den meeting how you were loyal to others.
- With your adult partner, decide on one new task you can do to help your family, and do it.
- Talk with your den and adult partner about polite language. Include a discussion about the use of “please,” “thank you,” “you’re welcome,” “excuse me,” “yes, sir,” “no, ma’am,” and last names. Learn how to shake hands properly and introduce yourself.
- Play a game with your den. Then discuss how your den played politely.
- With your adult partner and den work on a service project for your pack’s meeting place or chartered organization.