If you have a lot of skaters in your pack, you could plan a skating event based on the requirements for the roller skating pin from the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. You could fulfill requirements 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, and 10 at an outing to your local roller skating rink or even any wide open area suitable for skating.
Roller Skating Pin Requirements
Earn the Roller Skating belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack or community skating event.
- Demonstrate how to disassemble and reassemble skates.
- Explain the proper clothing for roller or in-line skating.
- Spend at least 15 minutes, on two occasions, practicing warm up exercises before skating.
- Play a game of roller hockey,
- Learn and demonstrate two new roller skating skills: forward scissors, forward stroking, crossover, or squat skate.
- Participate in a roller or inline skating skill development clinic.
- Demonstrate how to stop quickly and safely.
- Demonstrate how to skate backward. Skate backward for five feet.
- Play a game on roller skates, roller blades, or in-line skates.