Eagle Scout is the highest rank for Boy Scouts. But after a Boy Scout becomes an Eagle Scout he can continue to earn recognition for his achievements by earning Eagle Palms.
You wear a combination of palms for the number of merit badges you earned beyond the rank of Eagle. The Bronze Palm represents five merit badges, the Gold Palm 10, and the Silver Palm 15. To represent 20 merit badges, wear a Bronze Palm and a Silver Palm.
I encourage all Eagle Scouts to stay active with their troops and continue to develop their leadership skills.
Requirements for the Eagle Palms for Boy Scouts
- Be active in your troop and patrol for at least 3 months after becoming an Eagle Scout or after the award of last Palm.
- Demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath (Promise) and Scout Law in your everyday life.
- Make a satisfactory effort to develop and demonstrate leadership ability.
- Earn five additional merit badges beyond those required for Eagle or last Palm.
- Take part in a Scoutmaster conference
- Complete your board of review.