Forensics is one of the Bear elective adventures. For the Forensics adventure, Bears learn about law enforcement methods which are used to solve crimes.
The requirement for this adventure are shown below. Upon completion of this adventure, Bears will receive a belt loop.
Requirements for the Forensics Bear Adventure
- Talk with your family and den about forensics and how it is used to help solve crimes.
- Analyze your fingerprints.
- Learn about chromatography and how it is used in solving crimes. Do an investigation using different types of black, felt-tip markers. Share your results with your den.
- Do an analysis of four different substances: salt, sugar, baking soda, and cornstarch.
- Make a shoe imprint.
- Visit the sheriff’s office or police station in your town. Find out how officers collect evidence.
- Learn about the different jobs available in forensic science. Choose two, and find out what is required to work in that field. Share what you learned with your den.
- Learn how animals are used to gather important evidence. Talk about your findings with your den.