A couple of years ago, ZM went to a shooting sports day camp offered by our district and earned the BB Shooting pin from the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. Find out what opportunities there are for your Cub Scouts to earn their shooting sports recognitions in your area. Remember, Cub Scouts can only earn bb gun recognition items at council or district day camp, resident camp, or council-managed family camping programs.
BB Shooting Pin Requirements
Earn the BB Shooting belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Explain the parts of a BB gun and demonstrate how to properly load the gun.
- Demonstrate the shooting positions.
- Develop proficient shooting techniques by practicing for three hours.
- Learn the correct scoring techniques for target BB gun shooting.
- Make a poster that emphasizes the proper range commands.
- Draw to scale or set up a BB gun shooting range.
- Show improvement in your shooting ability with an increase in scoring points.
- Help make a type of target for the camp BB gun shooting range.
- Show how to put away and properly store BB gun shooting equipment after use.
- Explain how to use the safety mechanism on a BB gun.
- Tell five facts about the history of BB guns.