This is a really easy camping recipe. Do a little preparation before you leave for camp and you will have delicious grilled pork chops with almost no cleanup.
Serve this with some French bread (which you can heat on the grill), salad, and fruit for a really simple camp meal.
Grilled Honey Lime Pork Chops
- Charcoal fire
- Tongs to turn the pork chops
- 6 pork chops
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
Preparation – before you leave for camp
- Put the pork chops in a Ziploc bag and seal.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing together the lime juice, honey, soy sauce, and garlic. Store in a sealed container which won’t leak all over your cooler.
Directions – at camp
- One hour before cooking time, dump the marinade into the Ziploc bag with the pork chops. Seal tightly and squish around to distribute the marinade. Return to cooler until ready to cook.
- Prepare your charcoal fire.
- Remove the pork chops from the bag and place on grill. Discard the bag and any leftover marinade.
- Grill the pork chops until cooked through. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chops.