This recipe is suitable for Cub Scouts. They can make themselves a snack at home or it would work as a snack at a den meeting. Since it doesn’t require a stove or oven, you can make this almost anywhere.
This type of recipe can be used for Cub Scouts working on Tiger Elective 25 – Snack Time, Wolf Achievement 8 – Cooking and Eating, or Bear Achievement 9 – What’s Cooking?
- Ziploc bag
- Rolling pin
- Cutting board
- favorite breakfast cereal
- peanut butter
- Put about half a cup of cereal into the Ziploc bag and crush it with the rolling pin.
- Cut the banana into ¾ inch slices.
- Spread some peanut butter on both ends of the banana.
- Put the banana slices in the bag a few at a time and shake to coat with cereal.
If you have a peanut allergy in the group, substitute strawberry flavored spreadable cream cheese for the peanut butter.