Cub Scouts can make a winter decoration to hang in front of their windows with this craft. You don’t need a lot of fancy materials to make these and they can be put together pretty quickly, so these could be done at a pack meeting or den meeting.
This craft fits in well with the Winter Wonderland theme for this month. I also thought that this would fit in well with the a math related meeting. This would be a fun way to explore some geometry concepts.
Cotton Swab Snowflake Craft
Materials (per snowflake)
- cotton swabs
- wax paper
- silver glitter glue or tacky glue (don’t use regular glue)
- mono-filament line
- Arrange the cotton swabs on the wax paper in a geometric pattern. See the photo for examples.
- Use some glue to attach the end of the swabs together.
- Let dry. (If you make them at a meeting, you might need to have a piece of cardboard underneath so they can carry them home to dry.)
- Carefully lift from wax paper. If it sticks a little, just leave some bits of wax paper attached.
- Attach a piece of mono-filament line to hang the snowflake as a decoration.