The core value for Cub Scouts for the month of January is Positive Attitude. According to the program helps, this means
Being cheerful and setting our minds to look for and find the best in all situations.
Last year I posted some ideas to go with this theme. Here are a few more ideas:
- The Positive Attitude Character Connection is part of Wolf Achievement 6 – Start a Collection:
- Know- Discuss with your family how a cheerful and positive attitude will help you to do your best at school and in other areas of your life.
- Commit- Discuss with your family how gathering items for a collection may be difficult. How does a hopeful and cheerful attitude helpful to keep looking for more items? Why is a positive attitude important?
- Practice- Practice having a positive attitude while doing the requirements for “Start a Collection.”
- Know: Discuss with your parent, guardian, or your Webelos Den Leader, what it means to have a positive attitude and the “BEST” steps you can take to have a positive attitude. (Believe it can happen, Expect success, Set your mind, and Try, try, try.)
- Commit: Plan with your parent, guardian, or your Webelos Den Leader, how you will apply the “BEST” steps for a positive attitude in doing your school-work and in other areas of your life.
- Practice: Do your “BEST” to have a cheerful and positive attitude while doing the requirements for this activity badge.