This Tiger den meeting plan focuses on Achievement 1 – Making My Family Special. With the Tiger achievements, you will often find you need to add in an elective or two to fill an hour meeting. Plan to be flexible. The duration of the activity will depend on your Tigers. Some might really take a long time on crafts and others will breeze through them. If you have a talkative group, the Character Connection activities can eat up a lot of time.
When my guys were Tigers we met at school and had a playground available to us. Sometimes, if we had time available at the end of the meeting, we just let them have free play. While they were doing that, I just had a casual conversation with their adult partners. It was a good time to find out if they had any questions about the Tiger program or the Cub Scout program.
If you are a new leader, you might get questions you don’t know the answers to. Don’t sweat it. Just make a note of the questions. Go find an experienced Den Leader in your Pack and get some answers from him or her. Then get back to the parents with the answers. I recommend you send the information to the whole group. If one of the adult partners didn’t know the answer, chances are others need the information also.
Printable copy of Tiger Den Meeting Plan for Making My Family Special (includes timeline)
Tiger Den Meeting Plan – Making My Family Special
Remind Tigers and their adult partners to bring a few family photos to the meeting for the scrapbooks.
Your will need to gather these materials beforehand:
- US flag for Pledge of Allegiance
- Materials for craft stick picture frames
- Materials for cereal box scrapbooks
Craft Stick Picture Frame for Tiger Elective 4
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Tiger Motto
- Responsibility Character Connection (in the Tiger handbook) for Requirment 1F partial
- Make Recycled Cereal Box Scrapbooks for Requirement 1D
- Talk about family celebrations for Tiger Elective 1
Play an active game like tag or a running relay
Announcements and Closing
- Hand out recognitions
- Announcements for upcoming pack and den events
- Remind Tigers and their adult partners that they will have to complete Requirement 1F at home by doing a chore together.
- Close with a prayer or with the Law of the Pack