The core value for Cub Scouts for the month of November is Citizenship. According to the program helps citizenship is:
Contributing service and showing responsibility to local, state, and national communities.
Cub Scouts develop good citizenship when they are learning about respecting the flag and providing service to the community.
So how can you fit this into your pack program? Here are some ideas:
- Learn how to fold or raise and lower our flag
- Have a flag retirement ceremony
- Participate in a food drive or clothing drive
- Write letters to members of the military
- Clean up a local park
- Work on the Citizenship belt loop and pin from the Cub Scout Academics and Sports program
- Find more program ideas related to citizenship
What will your pack do in November to promote citizenship? Add your comments below.