A couple of our Scouts earned their cooking merit badges at our second summer camp this past summer. Meals at this camp were served in a dining hall, but the merit badge counselor brought lots of ingredients and they cooked a couple of things every afternoon. So at about 3 or 4PM we would get invited over to the counselor’s campsite to sample dishes the group had made. It made a nice afternoon snack. This one was LC’s favorite of all of the dishes we sampled.
Camp Chicken and Stuffing Recipe
- Cutting board
- Dutch oven
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⅔ cups water
- 1 package chicken stuffing mix
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Prepare 24 charcoal briquettes.
- Slice the celery.
- Put 12 of the charcoal briquettes under the Dutch oven.
- Cook celery in butter in the Dutch oven
- Add chicken, cream of chicken soup, and water.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Mix stuffing mix and broth, spread on top of chicken mixture.
- Put remaining the remaining 12 briquettes on top of the Dutch oven.
- Stir together before serving.