The core value for Cub Scouts for the month of September is Cooperation. According to the program helps cooperation is:
Being helpful and working together with others toward a common goal. Cooperation is a key element in teamwork. Cub Scouts will gain a better understanding of the importance of supporting each other as they play games and learn new skills.
So how can you fit this into your pack program? Here are some ideas:
- Play some cooperative games. Here are a few ideas:
- Elbow Balloon Pass Game
- Human Knot Game
- Caterpillar Race Game
- Guide Me Game
- I Can Do That With One Hand Tied Behind My Back Game
- There are some more ideas in the program helps
- Have a fireman visit. Learn how Scouts can cooperate with them to stay safe and by being prepared for an emergency. Firemen usually give very good presentations on this. Make sure they show them the fire truck. Our local fire department does a visit to our pack about every other year, and it is always a big hit.
- Similarly, you can have a policeman visit and talk about crime prevention.
- Have a local animal shelter or wildlife sanctuary bring some animals in and talk about what Scouts can do to help.
What are your ideas for cooperation?