I am featuring a Cycling theme this month. This theme has lots of useful information for Cub Scouts, but much of it applies to Boy Scouts and Venturers also. Boy Scouts can use the aids you will see this month with the Cycling merit badge. And Venturers will find this information useful for the Cycling/Mountain Biking elective for the Ranger Award. The list of helps on the right side of this page will grow as I add more articles related to cycling.
Cub Scouts can use the Bikes theme resources for help with:
- Bicycling Belt Loop and Pin from the Cub Scout Academics and Sports program
- Tiger Elective 37: Take a Bicycle Ride
- Wolf Achievement 9: Be Safe at Home and On the Street
- Bear Achievement 14: Ride Right
- Webelos Handyman Activity Badge (Requirements 6, 7, and 8 )
- Webelos Readyman Activity Badge (Requirement 9)
- Webelos Sportsman Activity Badge (Requirement 3)
In addition, I will provide some ideas for a Pack bike rodeo later this month. This could be the basis for a fun fall Pack meeting. So pump up those tires, grab your helmet, and let’s go cycling!