For this month’s theme, I am focusing on classic outdoor games. These are games which would have been played by the Scout’s parents or even grandparents. There are a few ideas listed on the right, and more will gradually be shown on the Classic Outdoor Games Theme page.
So how can you fit these into your den or pack program? Here are some ideas:
- Have a pack field day
- Many of these games require little or no equipment. Play them on a camp out.
- For the same reason as above, they are a great way to add a little action to a den meeting or pack meeting.
- Tigers can use this for Elective 35 – Fun Outdoors
- Wolves can use this for Elective 4 – Play a Game
- Bears can complete part of Achievement 15 – Games, Games, Games!
- Add some fun to Bear Achievement 8 – The Past Is Exciting and Important
Classic outdoor games aren’t just for Cub Scouts either. Boy Scouts and Venturers can use many of the games in their activities also.