Here is a another game to go with this month’s aquatic theme. It can be used to fulfill requirement 2 for the Swimming belt loop from the Cub Scout Academics and Sports program:
Play a recreational game in the water with your den, pack, or family.
This is a good game to play if you have some kids in your group who are not strong swimmers. They can play this game in chest-deep water and still have a lot of fun. For swimmers who need more of a challenge, the group can go to deeper water and tread water while they play.
- Have all of the players form a circle and hold hands.
- Place a ball in the middle of the circle. The ball is the Piranha.
- If the ball touches a player, that player is out. The remaining players rejoin hands to close the circle again.
- Continue playing until only one player remains.
- Lowering your hands to let the ball out of the circle is not allowed.
- You may blow the ball, try to make waves to move the ball, or try to pull other players toward it.