If you have a Cub Scout who really likes to golf, he can earn the Golf pin from the Cub Scout Academics and Sports program. Maybe he can even share some of his knowledge of the game with the other Scouts in his pack or den and get them interested also.
Golf Pin Requirements
Earn the Golf belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Explain the use of woods and irons. Explain their differences.
- Explain how par is determined for a hole.
- Demonstrate the proper grip of the club to your leader, adult partner, or instructor.
- Spend 30 minutes, over one or two practice periods, practicing the swing styles: full swing, approach swing, and putting swing.
- Spend 30 minutes, over one or two practice periods, practicing aim, stance, and the address position.
- Draw a diagram of a typical golf hole, from tee to green.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the use and care of golf equipment: clubs, ball, tee, bag, shoes, and gloves.
- Describe the composition of a regulation golf ball.
- Take golf lessons.
- Spend 30 minutes, over one or two practice periods, hitting balls on a driving range.
- Play miniature golf.