It is basketball season again. If you have a Cub Scout who plays basketball, see if you can interest him in the Basketball pin from the Cub Scout Academics and Sports program. If he plays on an organized team he has probably already completed many of the requirements for this recognition.
Basketball Pin Requirements
Earn the Basketball belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community basketball tournament.
- Demonstrate effective passing using the chest pass, bounce pass, over-the-head pass, and baseball pass.
- Successfully demonstrate the set shot and jump shot shooting styles.
- Demonstrate skill in the following dribbling techniques: high dribble, low dribble, turnable dribble, change-of-pace dribble, and combination dribble.
- On three different occasions, spend at least 30 minutes developing individual defensive skills.
- Explain and demonstrate 10 official basketball signals.
- Play three shot-improving games with a member of your den or team.
- Play five games of basketball.
- Participate in a basketball clinic.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional basketball game.