Snow Ski and Board Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Snow Ski and Board Sports belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Explain the different kinds of ski lifts, such as a rope tow and “fixed grip” and “detachable” chair lifts.
- Describe the five universal symbols used to indicate ski trail difficulty.
- Demonstrate how to hold your position and get up from a fall.
- Demonstrate how to fall safely to avoid injury.
- Explain why it is important to protect nature and wildlife while skiing or snowboarding.
- Practice skiing or snowboarding for at least five hours. You can do this in more than one day.
- Explain what to do if you see a skiing or snow boarding accident. Discuss the dangers of avalanche.
- Take a skiing or snowboarding lesson.
- View a video on skiing or snowboarding.
- Talk with a member of a ski patrol and learn about his or her position at the ski slope.
- Learn about an Olympian who competed in skiing or snowboarding and report to your den.