The core value for the month of May for the Cub Scout program is Health and Fitness. If you are still looking for ideas for your May pack or den meetings, consider the Physical Fitness pin from the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program.
Webelos who earn the Physical Fitness Pin while a Webelos also complete requirement 10 for the Athlete activity badge.
Physical Fitness Pin Requirements
Earn the Physical Fitness belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Choose a form of exercise, bring your heart rate up to target, and keep it there for 15 minutes. Don’t forget to warm up and cool down.
- Set up a four-step exercise program. Chart your progress for five days a week for two weeks.
- Explain the reason for warming up and cooling down before and after each exercise session.
- Visit a local gym and talk to a trainer about exercises and programs for young people.
- Participate in some aerobic exercises at least three times a week for four weeks.
- Build an obstacle course that could include some exercises with jumping, crawling, and hurdles. Time yourself three times to see whether you can improve your time.
- Swim for a total of an hour, charting your time as you go.
- Participate for at least three months in an organized team sport or organized athletic activity.