LC did the Gymnastics Belt Loop from the Cub Scout Academics and Sports program when he was a Webelos. He enjoyed it, but wasn’t interested enough to want to go back to the gym. But if you have a Cub Scout who is really into gymnastics and he has earned the belt loop, he can learn more about the sport by earning the pin.
Gymnastics Pin Requirements
Earn the Gymnastics belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Write a report on the history of gymnastics. Tell your den or an adult family member what you learned.
- Take gymnastics lessons.
- Attend a gymnastics meet.
- Practice and demonstrate five floor exercise skills.
- Practice and demonstrate two skills used on the pommel horse.
- Demonstrate two skills on the still rings.
- Demonstrate two skills using parallel bars.
- Demonstrate two skills using the horizontal bar.
- Demonstrate a vault using the side horse.
- Develop a regular routine of physical and mental conditioning.
- Learn about three U.S. gymnasts who have won medals in the Olympics. Tell your den or an adult family member what you learned about them