When you are getting together with your extended family this summer, you might end up playing some flag football. If so, maybe your Cub Scout can earn the Flag Football pin from the Cub Scout Academics and Sports program.
Flag Football Pin Requirements
Earn the Flag Football belt loop (get the belt loop requirements), and complete five of the following requirements:
- Layout and properly mark a flag football field at a park or playground.
- Explain the difference between defense and offense in a flag football game.
- Describe five different positions a player may play in flag football. Name the position that you prefer to play.
- During three half-hour sessions, practice the skills of passing, hand-offs, rushing, and running.
- Participate in a flag-football clinic.
- Consider all the people who make it possible to play a game of flag football. List parents, coaches, team members, scorekeepers, referees, groundskeepers, etc,
- Play in five flag football games without incurring a penalty.
- Explain and demonstrate at least six football officiating signals.
- Attend a high school, college, or community league football game.
- Read a book about a football player and tell your den or family about the player’s training and work ethics.
- Talk with a referee or official of a high school, college, or community football league and learn about the job he or she does at a football game.