Every now and then I see a kid who can make the most amazing intricate drawings. It is a real gift. If you know a Cub Scout with some artistic talent, encourage him to earn the Art pin from the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program.
Art Pin Requirements
Earn the Art belt loop, and complete six of the following requirements:
- Visit an art museum, gallery, or exhibit. Discuss with an adult the art you saw.
- Create two self-portraits using two different art techniques, such as drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, or computer illustration.
- Demonstrate how to make paper. Make a sample at least 4 inches by 4 inches.
- Make a simple silkscreen or stencil. Print a card or T-shirt.
- Create a freestanding sculpture or mobile using wood, metal, soap, papier-mâché, or found objects.
- Create an object using clay that can be fired, baked in the oven, or hardened in water.
- Photograph four subjects in one theme, such as landscapes, people, animals, sports, or buildings.
- Make a collage using several different materials.
- Use your artistic skills to create a postage stamp, book cover, or music CD cover.
- Use a computer illustration or painting program to create a work of art.
- Display your artwork in a pack, school, or community art show.