My kids have several sets of marbles and ZM and LC still enjoy playing with them. Marbles is a great “take anywhere” game. Just grab your bag of marbles, draw some circles on the ground, and you are ready for a game. If your Cub Scout has already earned the Marbles Belt Loop from the Cub Scout Academics and Sports program, he can learn more about the game by earning the pin.
Marbles Pin Requirements
Earn the Marbles belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a den, pack, or community marbles tournament
- Explain to an adult what lagging is. Demonstrate how to do it.
- Demonstrate the following shooting techniques: knuckling down, bowling, and lofting (also called plunking).
- Explain the correct way of scoring for a game game. of marbles.
- Play five complete matches of marbles using standard rules.
- Start a collection of marbles and show it at a den or pack meeting.
- Write a short report on the history of marbles and share it with your den or family.
- Explain the rules about shooters.