Skateboarding seems to really have soared in popularity recently. There are an increasing number of skate parks where kids can hone their skills. And there are even skateboard celebrities, like Tony Hawk.
Skateboarding Pin Requirements
Earn the Skateboarding belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Figure out your skateboard stance—whether you are regular or goofy footed.
- Demonstrate proper stance, feet positions, knee bending, pushing off, turning, and stopping on flat ground.
- Using pictures, explain to your den or family the difference between street, skate park, and vertical skateboarding.
- List five ways skateboarders should be considerate and respectful of other people and their property when they are skateboarding.
- View a skateboarding video.
- Attend a pro skateboarder demonstration.
- Show that you know how to lubricate the bearings and keep your skateboard clean.
- Apply grip tape to your skateboard.
- Skateboard at a skate park for 30 minutes.
- Demonstrate three of the following maneuvers: ollie, nollie, frontside, grab, kickturn, carving.
- Describe how to determine a safe area to skateboard.